All the rush rush rush of Christmas is over and for me this is when I really begin to think about the reason for the season. I must admit that before Christmas day I am busy with the tree, decorations, food preparations, parties to attend, pictures with Santa, Christmas cards, gifts to buy, and finishing up our lessons before Christmas break. I feel the pressure every year to make sure that everything is perfect and that my family has the best holiday ever.
After Christmas Day, I feel relief. Relief that the food has been eaten, the guests have all gone home, and the children are busy playing with the gifts. I know it sounds bad and that I should be thinking about the real reason for Christmas, the birth of our Savior. I know in my heart that I shouldn't worry about all the materialistic things but somehow I get caught up in it every year. Am I the only one who thinks this way?
What are your thoughts on the pressures of the Christmas season?
No comments:
Post a Comment